Are YOU eligible?
Veterans Upward Bound is designed to motivate and assist targeted veterans that are first generation, low income, or at a high risk for academic failure in the development of academic and other requisite skills necessary for acceptance and success in a program of post-secondary education. The program provides assessment and enhancement of basic skills through advising, mentoring, tutoring and academic instruction in the core subject areas. The primary goal of the program is to increase the rate at which participants enroll in and complete post-secondary education programs.
Other services include:
- Education or advising services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, or personal advising
- Tutorial services
- Mentoring programs
- Information on post-secondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance with VA education benefits
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Information on the full range of Federal Student financial aid programs and military benefits
- Guidance and assistance in alternative education programs for secondary school dropouts that lead to receipt of a regular secondary school diploma, entry into general education development (GED) programs or post-secondary education
- Stipend program for qualified participants